Some highlights of Ms. Cebu 2012.
The reigning Ms. Cebu opened the pageant. She entered the stage hoisted by men like a native princess.
The candidates in their Fun Wear. The outfits on the left especially caught my eye. Design by William Manahan.
The evening gown competition. Some dresses left me awed. Others made me go What?! like minion here. I nicknamed the gown on the left as "fondant". Well, because...she looked like a cake parading on stage. My top favorite was from Cary Santiago worn by candidate number 6, who rightfully won Best in Evening Gown. If only somebody informed the announcer that Cary was a "he" before calling his name then it wouldn't have ruined the elegance of the moment and of the dress hehe!

My other top favorites - gowns by Philip Tampus (left) and Dino Lloren (right).
It was a night of mermaid dresses.
Then the stage was clad in Cobonpue's Yoga chair.
Check out the back detail on this candidate's dress.
My favorite part, the question and answer portion. I found amusing how: Most candidates started their sentences with "I believe" and ended it with "Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen"; the candidates repeatedly stressed on promoting their advocacy without even explaining what it was; one candidate likened Cebu to Mango while another candidate attributed the root of all evils to the LOCK of money (toinks) and one candidate claimed that her iPhone 4S was her most prized possession in life. (uh..what about your family inday?). These ladies on this picture were my top bets though.
What is wrong with this picture? LOL
The top 5. Two of my bets got in!
I betcha the headphones were playing "Sinulog, ishagit ug kusog! Pit Senyor, Pit Senyor, tanan magsaulog!"
And then there were two...
My money was on two other candidates, who, in my opinion gave more sensible answers with flawless delivery. But I guess judges know best! All I can say is that, that gown was amazing on her. It fit her like a glove!
Thanks to Chu Abayon for my free ticket. Yay! I almost rubbed elbows with my frequently stalked Cebuana blogger. LOL
(Little) Ms. Cebu. Haha!
.....




No comments:
Post a Comment