I am an avid reader of Zero Three Two. When they featured Café Maru, I immediately informed my "seatmates" here at the office because it is owned by a Korean. After several cancellations due to weather conditions, personal appointments and necessary offer, err, overtime, our plans to try out the cafe finally pushed thru.
Café Maru is a haven for people like me who likes everything cute, sweet and pretty. Its a relaxing joint for studying, binging on sweets, catching up with friends over a warm cup'o Joe or over a round of your favorite board games. It is the quintessence of Korean coffee shop culture, Jessica said. The atmosphere is akin to coffee shops found along Korean universities. In fact noticeably Café Maru is already a favorite study area for students of the nearby universities. Jessica added the shop brings a very familiar feeling, especially the aspect of allowing customers to sit on the floor. Sitting on the floor is ingrained in the Korean culture as they usually share meals and quality time with family doing so.
As for me, I find its a much more laid back scene than most coffee shops in Cebu: less the insurance agents talking policies to would-be clients, less the group of adolescent smokers yapping away in "Laguna Beach" accent, and less the group in their late twenties talking in their "scandalously" loud voices. (Hola Mala!)
As for me, I find its a much more laid back scene than most coffee shops in Cebu: less the insurance agents talking policies to would-be clients, less the group of adolescent smokers yapping away in "Laguna Beach" accent, and less the group in their late twenties talking in their "scandalously" loud voices. (Hola Mala!)
That petite lady over there is Seohee, the warm and very friendly owner.
The counter. They had accessories on sale. That immediately caught my eye.
My seatmates - Kim Mi Sun "Jessica" and Han Kyo Yi "Jinny"
With the mom to be, Lhota.
The specialty of the house - Honey Toast.
Hot Chocolate and Mango Tiramisu - perfect for the cold weather.
Egg and ham salad sandwich.
Toast with Jam. Jinny had hers customized by ordering whipped cream instead.
The coffee shop on a rainy Monday night. Finals week is good for business. The place was packed!
Some cute knick knacks of the shop. Lady in violet included.
Even the bill's presentation was adorable. They folded the paper in half and held it with this tiny clothespin. (I wish I could say the same about the price LOL)
Café Maru is not hard to miss as it is the only coffee shop a midst beauty parlors, lechon manokans and general merchandise stores lined up along Gov. Cuenco Ave. It is right across the entrance of Sto. Niño Village, to be more exact. For inquiries, you may call them at 239-7909. Open Mondays to Sundays, from 10:00 am to 12:00 midnight.







Cafe Maru will thank YOU for this.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I feel like I'm in my teens when I enter the shop.
[mobalik ra ko didto]